Friday, 11 September 2009

SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet that raised a few eyebrows!

Right, this HAS to be said. I don't talk about sex in public ok. I might mention something that is physically affectionate that I like, whether it is the back of my knee or my neck but what goes on in a vegas bedroom stays there, I don't feel the need to tell all and sundry about my sex life. BUT....woah....I am not a prude, I don't think sex is dirty or shameful, so can please someone explain to me the thinking behind people not writing 'sex' out?

I have seen some people write S.x or S xual and all manner of daft combinations as if sex was something needed to be filtered out like it was a swear word.

Unless they are worried about children reading the word, which I would object on that ground myself but at least I can SEE the point, but in this case, there really is no point except some rather unfortunate attitudes to sex that people seriously need to get over. We are sexual beings, that is how we got to be here in the first place!
Without sexual intercourse this would be a big old emply planet filled with a bacterium and plants.

I really wish people would get a grip and check themselves.

*sigh*

3 comments:

  1. I blame the dualistic separation of flesh and spirit that is a feature of some eastern based religions (and I include christianity here)which has led to the ascetic/"brother ass" view of the body and bodily delights and needs as something almost shameful IMHO, this is as opposed to a more accepting attitude in a more pagan world view where there were gods and goddesses of fertility and sexuality (Frigg, Frey, Freyja, Aphrodite, Phales to name but a few). I think that the effects of this denigration of the flesh are with us still and are in part responsible for some our hang-ups and our darker attitudes to sex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do it because I don't want my blog to come up when someone does a search for "sex" blogs! I am not a prude or think it is shameful or dirty! It's that simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that simple explanation CM. I had wondered whether there was some screening issue but I couldn't see where, so thanks for the clarification, though I wonder why you bother? If they get something they are not expecting that is their tough luck isn't it?

    ReplyDelete