Monday, 18 October 2010

Pack it IN children!!!!

About the culture of Poly Wars.....

About a year ago I had a really vicious blog-fight with a woman called 'Melisa'  she had turned up on the forum and started her blog about her poly story, which (shockingly) came as a result of her husband telling her he wanted poly and after her telling him NO, he decided to bring a woman he was interested in to her house!!!!!

I mean, he seemed (despite her submissive wife spin on it) totally vile, not to mention totally unethical, perhaps I was a little bit harsh when I told her that this was a wrong thing to do (I can be a bit harsh but not actually mean spirited, though I accept it is hard for some people to tell the difference) as well as some other people telling her the same, she naturally went on the defensive...oh boy did she, she tried to say that she was a much better and moral person for being a virgin when she married her husband and that we divorcees are a failure and well....she said basically anything she thought would hurt.

Well, having cut my teeth modding a web forum with some near sociopathic egomaniacs with racist tendencies....it did not have the desired effect of upsetting me...Melisa disappeared from the blogosphere and though her blog is left there as a testament to her humiliation, it is also visual proof of my dark side.  You see, despite her trying to hurt me and being quite mean, I knew that I with the  Perfect poly relationship (I will post another time about the myth of the PPR) was probably the last one she wanted  to hear from, how can you take advice (especially quite harsh advice) from someone who has what you want?  It is probably a bit too much to ask of the ego.

Anyway, I feel bad for her and quite guilty that she felt so under fire that she left, I also feel embarrassed that I made such an exhibition of myself doing it.  Aaah, but in the world of complex relationships, Poly wars happen.

There was a wonderful blogger whose name shall remain Anon, she was frank, open and cool, I totally liked her and I liked her forum posts also,  after another great big Poly War she wrote a pretty despairing post about it, not long after she disappeared (for unrelated reasons) I miss her but it is nice to see her about occasionally, I know she has her own path and she pops in sometimes and wishes us all well, as I wish her well also.

Anyway, her despairing post is a bit like I am feeling now, there has been so much pathetic, attention seeking behaviour from some sections of the virtual Poly community recently I am at my wits end.  This all mixed in with lies, deceit, bad judgement and plain old infantile behaviour.  I am sick of it.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you Natja. Although you do come off as a hard-ass (no offense), I know you mean well in your advice. It seems everyone has left the forums and blogs. So sad.

    ReplyDelete