Tuesday, 2 December 2014

4th Wheeling

Texas is nice, I like it much more than Florida, the people are very friendly, the Mexican food is "aufentic"and the supermarkets are AWESOME. loads of lovely natural foods, I even tried Vegan Tamales...nom nom nom....


Staying with a Poly family has been interesting to say the least, ups and downs and reminiscing for me about just how hard poly can be to negotiate, but also what is so great about it too.

What has been biting for me is not being the 'fourth' wheel....which is amazingly just as uncomfortable as being the third wheel, seems Smug Marrieds (to steal Bridgit Jones parlance) are the same whether they are Polygamous or not and it is always hard to be the single friend but in my long life, being a spare wheel is something I am fairly used to so my discomfort is minimal.

No, what I have found difficult and jealousy inducing has nothing to do with being around a man and his wife/ves.  It is being just around the wives when the wives are getting along.  It reminds me so much of how wonderful it is to have sisterwives and how useful and bonding that support system can be.  I know they don't find it easy but I am still jealous.


No comments:

Post a Comment