There, I said it, being in relationships are bloody stressful, I love not having to deal with another persons emotional/physical demands especially if you feel in general you are generally not very emotionally demanding I have my moments though, I am usually quite laid back but some personality types really push my buttons, know thyself quoth I, and avoid triggers!
So, someone posted this on FB the other day (not a poly, but a single mother), I did not read it all, but I read this quote and it bothered me...
The Ugly secret of working Moms
"We're expected to do our jobs as if we don't have children — and then raise our children as if we don't have jobs," she said. "If you think about the model of the ideal mother, it's the person who sacrifices everything for her child. The ideal worker is someone who can drop everything and go on a business trip at a moment's notice, and who can stay late — not leave at 5 o'clock to pick up kids. So if you're trying to be both, then you are faking it."
It annoyed me because it so doesn't have to be that way, why do we put ourselves in this position of sticking to a detrimental family set up?
Maybe it is just because...it is easier? I mean going back to what I was saying before, relationships are stressful? They are bloody hard work and the more people in a relationship, the more bloody demands those people have on you? Now we have a pretty easy and culturally accepted practice of serial monogamy, like my friend on her third marriage and still having white Weddings that all her family attend, if you can go off and start again every time things get hard why bother with sticking through the hard times? Bit jealous? Leave! Wife nagging? Leave! Husband getting old? Leave.
I don't agree with it, I do believe there is a better way, but better to be single, then in a relationship with the wrong people or person.

No comments:
Post a Comment