Today my hospital mum couture featured beige work boots, blue rugby socks, over the knee length tulip skirt most favoured by women who remember the 1940’s with fondness and a beige souvenir Edinburgh castle tee-shirt, courtesy of dear Mama….
Yes there is a hospital parent camaraderie, we stop in the toilets and discuss our children’s progress, the smokers go out together for company and you recognise each other, shuffling along the wards wearing bad clothes and blurry eyed from too much crying and too little sleep.
However, today I did less private crying and more smiling, the girl is looking so much better, her eye muscles are not really moving together but the bad eye is moving more! They are looking to release her on Monday and she is already off the IV drugs and is having them orally now. The ex has said he thinks we can work something out with the girl staying with me for at least some of the time until the winter break (in which I am having her anyway) I am SO relieved, I thought he might be awkward about it.
She also had a very satisfying phone call to Primafille2 today, she was ever so happy to hear from her, she was worried a bit because she hadn’t had many (or indeed any) phone calls from any other children. I am sickeningly vulnerable when it comes to her at the moment, easy to cry just thinking about her, even though she had a good day and is on the mend, I don’t know, I am just a bit angry at the world, angry at karma, angry that this amazing gentle child has had some mysterious ailment thrust upon her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment