With the exception of the near obsessive homicidal rage I feel towards Unicorn Hunters (it's an issue, I might need some professional help just to bump it down to severely dislike) I am very supportive of all other forms of poly, even the ones I would not fancy myself or those based on religious beliefs I don't belong to.
As the media dawning of the Mormon Polygamists continues I have mostly ignored the race question, but with the airing of Polygamy USA, I have decided to confront it head on which does, no doubt put a dampener on my love affair with Mormon Polygamists.
Mormon Polygamists are otherwise known as Mormon Fundamentalists, of course we tend to concentrate on Polygamy, it is the sexy, widely divisive and controversial issue, however it is not the only issue which separates the Fundamentalists from the current LDS Church, some (not sure how many) believe in the old racist policies of the LDS Church also, they believe that black people carry the curse of Cain or some such nonsense that makes us all inferior.
As you can imagine, it is rather sad to know that people I rather like and respect might believe this. But hey, Racism was an ugly fact of life in 19thc. America and that is the culture Mormonism developed and grew in.
So here is Ariel Hammon (any relation to Arthur Hammon in Polygamy USA?) from Centennial Park, first being interviewed about Polygamy and secondly being interviewed about the Mark of Cain..........(which to them means black skin, though I don't recall that in Genesis)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment