Monday, 21 April 2014

Aquarius rising.....

One of the downsides to being a water bearer is that you can spend far too much time thinking of the future idealistic world and not enough thinking of your present circumstances.  I am an idealist and an organiser, it is within me to plan and I have utopia in my mindset at all times...ok, so maybe my form of Utopia is not as whole world and kum by ya as some other people but it is there nonetheless.

When I was younger I made lists.....oh my goodness, copious amounts of lists, lists detailing all my plans, from the best historical event ever to my ideal medivalish, Regencyish, Victorianish, early 20thc ish, poly ish etc etc varied communities.  There is no real end of what I can imagine and I even went so far as to do a town plan once on paper.....I found it some time ago, it was hilarious!!!!!

Oh well, some people play video games for a hobby, I plan intentional communties, don't be a hater.....

Arise the internet age.....allowing us dreamers to dream together and all those medievish, Regencyish yadda yadda communities have a sort of online home in various forums, communities and LARP organisations some of which meet in real life and people can indulge their inner geek to their hearts content.

For most people the ingathering of the idealistic geeks is enough but for others, they just transfer their obsessive list making to the online communities, proudly asserting ALL that they will do....in the future.....whilst getting almost nothing done in the present, the problem with making lists is, the listmaking becomes the action.


1 comment:

  1. Urgh, I take my blog off of moderation and it is spammed by a nutter in less than five minutes!!!

    ReplyDelete