Ah with so much happening recently, the babe getting more mobile, my aunt dying, my stuff returned from Scotland, the renovations in the flat and joining a couple of fairly busy Polygamy online discussion groups I have been blogging ever less and even then it was mostly to process the grief.
Things are good though, the babe is walking, the flat is looking better and better and I am starting up my new business soon...all is well on a personal level, so now I can get back to talking Poly.
*smack* What is Poly fool??? (I'm channelling Mr. T)
Poly is a word meaning many, most often used to indicate a person is not in a monogamous relationship.
Now those people most often reside on the Polyamory spectrum but Polygamists will use it as short hand also. But there is this weird insidious trend within some of the more vocal people in the modern Polygamy movement who want to make a huge deal of the word and some sort of created US vs THEM, Poly Wars......
For realz?
What is the point? Polyamory have their space, Polygamists have theirs, yet there seems to persist this idea that Polyamorists want to infiltrate Polygamous spaces. As far as I can see after many years at this the only time I have seen it is the only people who tend to do that are the brand new Unicorn Hunters.
Fact is Polyamorists don't want to associate with Polygamy because of their fundamental ethical differences. There is no horde of Polyamorists looking for acceptance amongst the Polygamists.
Sunday, 20 April 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment