Sunday, 4 May 2014

Back to books redux

Further to my last post on the subject, I finished that book. It was a trial, I practically forced myself to finish it.  I certainly will never, ever read another LKH book again.  She seems to be a writer who squanders the amazing worlds she creates to then turn her stories into bad erotica.  It is simply tragic.

So, like many female readers into supernatural fiction, I have picked up a Keri Arthur and I am enjoying it.  Female protagonist - check! Supernatural world alongside human world - check.
Lacking sex scenes every other page - check!

I will gladly give up the Poly themes for a) A extensive story  and b) Less sex.

Besides it is always only ONE type of poly i.e. A Polyandrous Harem that only the lead character is deserving of having.

There is no Polygyny, Polygamy or Polyamory. It is all about these men who are always long haired bad asses slavishly devoted to the LKH author avatar, (very short in stature, curvy women, with attitude who are always right no matter what.) In neither the Anita Blake or Merry Gentry series the men are never allowed (or interested) in having another lover and it being truly egalitarian, no, there is always a strict OVP and it sucks.


No comments:

Post a Comment