Friday, 3 July 2009

Stuff and nonsense

Back to normality

Thank you everyone who sent well wishes to my girl, she went to school this morning and promptly called me up to complain that it was ‘No uniform day’ and she was wearing uniform!!!

She is definitely back to her usual self. *smile*

Me Aquarian, hear me POUR!!!! (aka boring Astrology stuff)

I can totally understand if people have no faith in the whole star sign stuff, it does seem a bit loopy, so when people say ‘I don’t actually believe in that stuff’ I will say, ok, yeah, I can understand that. I just get a bit irked at those type of people who near enough call you stupid for believing in it as if they are somehow being ‘plain speaking’ when in fact they are just being rude.

Anyway, for the record when I mean Astrology I don’t mean checking Mystic Meg in the daily paper, being told that ‘Aquarians are going to be having a stressful day but by the evening a phone call will ease all your fears’ Is NOT worth the typeface it is written with.

I mean the complex system of Suns signs, Moon signs, rising signs, ascendant and descendants and all that stuff that I can hardly understand the process of but the results explain my personality to a T.

Not that I live my life around it, when I am going through a particularly stressful time I do check what is happening, or I will ask my mum and she can decipher the different coloured lines and connections that make little sense to me.

I like my Birth chart, its crisscrossing lines create a well balanced diamond-shape on the page, my daughters chart looks like a boat, not so balanced, I recall my mother saying that if your birthchart is overwhelmingly one sided like that it reflects your personality in some way, I think she is out of balanced, my daughter is all instinct and little logic so it makes sense that she is out of balance.

The saddest birth chart I have ever seen is my late Aunts’, just a small squiggle of a line, reflecting her short and unfortunate life, the second saddest one is an ex boyfriend of mine, his is almost as tragic looking and since he is an alcoholic now, well, it doesn’t bear thinking about.

My sun sign is Aquarius, it is an Air sign, my rising sign is Virgo, it is earth and my moon is the fiery Leo, I am lacking water, perhaps that is why I was born amongst all the watery females (Scorpio Mother, Pisces Sister and Cancerian best friend, my daughter was supposed to be a Sagittarius but came 10 days earlier than expected and is therefore, also a Scorpio) you could say that they all keep me in touch with my emotions, Water rules the emotions and seeing that my dominant signs could make me lose touch with reality I think that is a good thing, huzzah for the water signs!!!!

So why is Aquarius, an air sign which rules the mind (and being Aquarian, the mind is always a bit loopy, Mozart was an Aquarian as is Alice Cooper, I rest my case!!) symbol of the Water bearer? Goodness knows, according to famed 70’s astrologer Linda Goodman, it is to characterise the fact that Aquarians are not easy to understand, they can seem so changeable and eclectic, she said that our emotions are ruled by the lightening on our ruling planet Uranus (stop sniggering you in the back) and therefore we can be very calm up until the moment when the lightening strikes and then it gets frightening!!

Hehe, I must admit that is more like me than anything; I am very, very slow to anger, even when people think I am angry I am just usually just mildly irritated.
I have sometimes had people apologise to me saying ‘I am sorry that you were angry’ and I am like, ‘eh? When’? Because they interpreted my slightly vexed expression as anger, I don’t like to enlighten people though, it spoils my reputation and I especially like keeping those people at work on their toes but they have never seen me angry and to imitate a big green man (no, not the Jolly Green Birds eye giant) ‘You wouldn’t like me when I am angry’. ;o))

When it comes to relationships I don’t usually take it into account (with one exception) but I do seem to be more drawn to other air signs. I get along less well with the Earth signs, I find the fire signs exciting and been friends with lots of Water signs. I once had a profile telling Capricorn men to keep away from me, it was a very funny profile but I have forgotten what the actual text was now, needless to say I get along with one Capricorn male, he and his boyfriend even came to visit me a little while ago, not sure I could date him though…ermmm again…..

9 comments:

  1. ME SCORPION!! SEE ME... No, that's not going to work. Best leave that one alone...

    Glad to hear that your daughter's much better.

    I liked Linda Goodman's "Sun Signs" and "Love Signs" but she got really peculiar after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda Goodman got peculiar? Really? My mother had both those books, I read them as a child, I had no idea what she wrote after that though.

    Phifft.....another Scorpio, what is it with all these water signs all over the place eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. See what you have me doing now .. I never even thought of how the star signs could affect us in a relationship .. so I had to go digging on my own.

    I am a Pisces fella and from this site here's what it had to say.


    The coming together of Pisces and Aquarius means a lot of change for both of you in order for this to work out. Aquarians tend to be a little off-beat, and like things that way. They don’t always handle demands well, especially emotional ones, and that will be tough for Pisces, who deals mainly in emotions. Pisces likes steadiness, and Aquarius is fairly unpredictable, something that can cause some major problems in this relationship. However, Pisces, with their empathic ways, are sometimes able to understand Aquarius, and therefore meet their emotional needs. Pisces likes to take their time in making decisions, and can daydream about things forever before finally making a choice. (I tend not to be like this) Aquarius is very quick at decisions, something that gets them in trouble sometime, and they can be very bold in the ways that they handle things.

    This relationship will, however, have a very high level of physical intimacy, something that is very powerful for you both. You are also both creative, and idealistic, both individually and together. Aquarius loves to come up with new ideas on how to do things, and Pisces is happy to go with the flow. (That's me) Both are fairly introspective, which is not a bad things. Aquarius can be quick to judge others, while Pisces is quick to give compassion, deserved to not. (Hey .. that's me too)

    Pisces and Aquarius make good friends as well as lovers. Aquarius can be too aloof at times for Pisces, who can be high maintenance emotionally. Another point of conflict is that Aquarius is quick to leave behind those who don’t join their vision of the future, while Pisces is all about joining others. This can cause much division amongst this couple. Luckily, neither member holds grudges for long, (100% right for me) and problems that do arise are delt with and forgotten easily with Pisces and Aquarius.

    To be cont ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cont ..

    When Pisces is the woman and Aquarius is the man in this relationship, freedom becomes an issue for him. Pisces is very emotionally needed, and when the woman is a Pisces, she can become clingy and very high maintenance. This is repellant for Aquarius, who is looking to have fun, and often times, needs to get away from it all. She won’t understand this, and might believe he is trying to get away from her, which will only cause her to be more clingy. However, if both Aquarius and Pisces can get past this, it is very possible for them to live together in happiness.

    When the roles are switched, and Pisces is the man, and Aquarius is the woman, she will fall in love with his amazing, passionate look at life. (Sounds good .. how can they resist?) A Pisces man is the best lover, (true .. lol) very sensitive, and outwardly focused. In all areas of life, he is interested in doing what will make his partner happy. The problems arise when he does not feel needed in this relationship. Aquarius sometimes needs some space, and Pisces really loves to be up-close and personal about everything. He wont understand her need for time alone, and will see it as her trying to get away from him. Both partners need to be careful when dealing with the others feelings, as Pisces is very sensitive, and the Aquarius woman needs to be handled gently as well.

    Both of these signs are ruled by two planets; Pisces by Jupiter and Neptune; and Aquarius by Saturn and Uranus. Aquarius loves new ideas and ways of doing things. They really love being the first person they know to start a trend, and Pisces is willing to go along with whatever they want. Pisces loves to dream about everything, from day to day activities, to their future plans and dreams. The dreaming doesn’t bother Aquarius so much as the lack of initiative that Pisces has does.

    Aquarius is an Air sign and Pisces is a Water sign. Aquarius brings thought as its motivation in life, while Pisces throws feelings into the mix. This tends to be a very flexible and progressive union with a lot constantly happening around them. A problem that often arises with a Pisces/Aquarius match is the lack of good communication skills. When there are no problems between them, this doesn’t seem to be such a big deal. However, when problems do arise, communication breaks down to an abysmal degree.

    Pisces is a Mutable sign (it is? .. I am not so like that as I tend to prefer things not to change .. or at least not change so quick) and Aquarius is a Fixed sign. Both signs like to start things, and neither is good at finishing them. Luckily, that doesn’t seem to bother either sign so much. They both can become bored easily with what they are doing and switch gears to something else. Their mutual flexibility is very helpful in these situations.

    These signs are well matched in their enthusiasm, energy, and love of new ideas. They both strive for a better life, more material wealth (this part is not me .. while I wish to be comfortable .. I do not wish riches) and are able to do so together. This is a compatible relationship that will take some work, but in the end, is satisfying for both parties.

    Having read all this and now having typed it all here .. what makes me think is how the stars play in a poly relationship .. not so sure we will find a website dedicated to that to help us.

    Gas

    ReplyDelete
  5. LG? REALLY peculiar. I think the book was called "Star Signs." Magically-charged purple plates, which you put beneath any ill thing (plant, pet, injured body part) to bring healing; a revelation of the secret of physical immortality and how to achieve it personally etc. A surprisingly youthful-looking photo of her on the back, which, on closer inspection, was exactly the same photo she had on the back of "Sun Signs" which she'd written many years earlier. I was so disappointed!

    And those purple plates were flipping expensive, too! My (Aquarian! lol!) friend bought one out of her meagre student grant. I thought she was mad! Maybe I just wasn't as pogressive and forward-thinking as she was...

    Gas: re relationship compatibility, a lot can depend on rising sign, moon sign etc. My partner and I have been together 18 years (can't say we haven't had our downs, but it's mostly been ups) and are still very happy, even tho we're both fixed signs (Scorpio & Leo). We both have the same Moon Sign, which may account for it.

    Best Wishes
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Judith .. thanks for trying to clear that up but what I was getting at was how can we as poly people (or prospective pp's) use the stars in compatablities when there are 3 or 4 or even more to add to the mix.

    I am sure it will add flavour to the dish but getting that mix just right would be the problem.

    Gas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gas,
    I think an Astrologer (which I'm not: I know very little about it and probably should not have commented) could probably draw up a multi-way relationship chart to assess compatibility.

    But a lot depends on plain goodwill and tolerance. Also willingness to take constructive criticism. I try, but I'm not always so great on the last: I have to go away and think about it!

    (Sorry Natja: didn't mean to hijack your blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comment thread re-posted as Blogger deleted ALL of my comments on everybody's blogs! *mutter, mutter*

    Judith said...
    ME SCORPION!! SEE ME... No, that's not going to work. Best leave that one alone...

    Glad to hear that your daughter's much better.

    I liked Linda Goodman's "Sun Signs" and "Love Signs" but she got really peculiar after that.
    03 July 2009 10:59

    Natja's Natterings said...
    Linda Goodman got peculiar? Really? My mother had both those books, I read them as a child, I had no idea what she wrote after that though.

    Phifft.....another Scorpio, what is it with all these water signs all over the place eh?
    03 July 2009 15:20

    ReplyDelete
  9. Comment thread re-posted as Blogger deleted ALL of my comments on everybody's blogs! *mutter, mutter*

    Judith said...
    LG? REALLY peculiar. I think the book was called "Star Signs." Magically-charged purple plates, which you put beneath any ill thing (plant, pet, injured body part) to bring healing; a revelation of the secret of physical immortality and how to achieve it personally etc. A surprisingly youthful-looking photo of her on the back, which, on closer inspection, was exactly the same photo she had on the back of "Sun Signs" which she'd written many years earlier. I was so disappointed!

    And those purple plates were flipping expensive, too! My (Aquarian! lol!) friend bought one out of her meagre student grant. I thought she was mad! Maybe I just wasn't as pogressive and forward-thinking as she was...

    Gas: re relationship compatibility, a lot can depend on rising sign, moon sign etc. My partner and I have been together 18 years (can't say we haven't had our downs, but it's mostly been ups) and are still very happy, even tho we're both fixed signs (Scorpio & Leo). We both have the same Moon Sign, which may account for it.

    Best Wishes
    Judith
    04 July 2009 00:08

    Anonymous said...
    Hey Judith .. thanks for trying to clear that up but what I was getting at was how can we as poly people (or prospective pp's) use the stars in compatablities when there are 3 or 4 or even more to add to the mix.

    I am sure it will add flavour to the dish but getting that mix just right would be the problem.

    Gas
    04 July 2009 03:40

    Judith said...
    Hi Gas,
    I think an Astrologer (which I'm not: I know very little about it and probably should not have commented) could probably draw up a multi-way relationship chart to assess compatibility.

    But a lot depends on plain goodwill and tolerance. Also willingness to take constructive criticism. I try, but I'm not always so great on the last: I have to go away and think about it!

    (Sorry Natja: didn't mean to hijack your blog.)
    04 July 2009 10:20

    ReplyDelete