I responded to a post on Polytical by (yet another) of the members of a triad who are quite concerned with the anti-unicorn seeking sentiment in the Poly community, this confuses me because I am pretty determined to avoid being lumped into the same category as unicorn seekers, quite clear that being in a triad does not necessarily equal being a part of unicorn hunting culture or expectations. However, the authors of these two Polytical articles seem quite invested in the idea that we are too damning of Unicorn Seekers.
I am not too sure why they care? No one has ever attacked me for being in a triad, they probably have not been attacked for being in a triad, they probably have been attacked for supporting Unicorn Hunting though.
Anyway, I have tried four bloody times to post on Polytical but the stupid website is just doing my head in. I support Polytical but they really need to sort their website out. Anyway here is the post and the original article is here.
I am surprised this issue has come up again so soon after the last time. I kind of feel (and excuse me if I am wrong) that some people really, really want to convince that 'triad seeking' is a good wholesome thing to do, despite the fact that on evidence shown it is not a very successful configuration and its popularity is skewed largely towards couples new to Polyamory.
Although I am in a triad myself I don't feel any sort of defensiveness when anyone mentions unicorns, OPP or HBB's and that is because I know my triad did not start out that way. Triads CAN work, but it depends on the people involved. One should not seek (as Joreth pointed out) a magic configuration, one should seek out a magic person.
It is this belief that there is a person out there that you two can 'share', so you can have 'the best of both worlds' and 'have your cake and eat it' and the many other crass metaphors that I see every day in the Poly-fi community that makes me despair for the community. Until people let go of this Porno-fied threesome fantasy than we are never going to be taken seriously.
Tuesday, 8 May 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment