Anyone who knows me, knows I have a thing about community. I have always wanted to live somewhere with like-minded people, a place to raise children in peace and security,
I love eco villages inspired by fantasy lands like The LOTR, my favourite being the well known Hobbit house designed by Simon Dale at Lammas
I am at that point in my life though (and not sure if it will ever be otherwise) that I need to be within a decent travel time to the nearest town, I need to watch films, go out to eat, meet up with friends etc. Maybe the society I would gain from an active integrated community would eventually lessen this need but sheer isolation does not work for me, that is one of the things that made me dissatisfied the last time I tried to live more rurally.
The Babe's arrival made me re-visit this desire, I don't want her to grow up 'exactly' the same way as The Girl did, because once they get used to a place it is very hard to drag them away from it. So I need to do it when she is still young, before nurseries and schools become a part of our life, before I get used to a certain way of living.
Still I am SO nervous about the idea, what I know now is so safe and secure. I know what is what and I am afraid to take that leap into the unknown again, especially without any security. On the other hand, living in such a magical environment, with people who have the same ideas....? Well that has got to be worth it, but time will tell......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment