.................
So I am sitting here, baby at my feet playing on the play sheet, ready to update.
So, first week here was pretty cool, I met up with my Poly friends and we had a traditional holiday experience, went to Disney World, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney. You know, the stereotype.
It was a blast....more eating out than I have ever done in Orlando ever before and before I had only gone to buffets, well this time I went to other types of restaurants also, I have decided that IHOP will now me my comfort place, you know when you get upset and disappear and your family and friends go looking for you....I will be at IHOP, just saying.....
So, spending time with my friends meant also meeting their friends...which meant I got to meet a lot more Poly friendly people and people in a Poly family already.
I made friends and it gave me hope for the future, not everyone will live poly obviously but I know that some people can have a real honest equal Poly marriage.
The Babe had loads of fans (and making more every day) she is just such a cute little girlie, everyone loves her,
So, I am sitting here, finishing up my coffee, writing my blog post, baby is eating her play sheet when the lap top starts to run out of battery....
Sadly one of my days started off with stress when my business partner decided to dump me on one of my first days of holiday, I asked him to wait until I got back home but he was only interested in doing it if I did what he wanted me to. I was shocked and pretty distressed he would choose when I was in a vulnerable position, after all, he has waited this long he couldn't wait a month? Heaven preserve us from cowardly men I swear.... I feel like the biggest fool, I should have known he would wait until I am so far away so he could avoid confrontation. I rue the day I ever met him, I am trying to find it in myself to value the growth experience but, I can't, I am just doing my best not to hate, because I have not allocated any more hate space after DMD, allowing anything more than a fraction of hate into your life is just pointless and will make you a bitter shell of a person and I am not bitter (sarcastic and assertive yes) hateful, no.
Besides, it is hard to summon up any hate (even for DMD) with such an awesome baby about, besides I have had such great support from my Poly friends (I am now better acquainted with the qualities a man needs to have to take care of two partners)
so I am here breastfeeding my daughter and typing with one hand....
and my cousin and girlfriends, I am sure that will help, I just can't bring myself to tell my mother as I am sure she will blame Poly and insist it will never work, well I know that is bs, I met a Poly family of some 17 years, I am positive and still very committed, even if I had a hard time and made some bad choices before. I am still a fairly young woman, I am adventurous and fairly portable, not the most unattractive woman in the world, I am sure when I am ready I will be able to go out there but right now the Babe takes up all my time and I wouldn't have it any other way,
| Please note, this is a doll, not my baby |
So friends left to go back to Texas, which I am sure is the most Poly populous State in America and I went back into the bosom of my family. First important stop was to see my aunt. even though I was pre-warned, nothing could've prepared me for the change in my aunt, she has a tube coming out of her trachea, so can't talk, her eyes are all akimbo and she can only move her arms a wee bit, it is heartbreaking, her comprehension seems fine though, she was happy to meet the babe. After I left all I wanted to do was spend some time with my Mother, even though she drives me nuts
One of the things that makes me very angry about the bad, bad decision to contact me over my holidays to combi dump/end the business partnership, it was the day marked in to visit my aunt, which I was already emotional about, the very last thing my aunt said to be before she got ill was to give my partners her love, the only member of my family to do so. She is the most amazing, kind hearted and supportive woman. When my mother was going batshit cray cray and not talking to me, my Aunt was an oasis of peace and rationality, everyone would be blessed to have an Aunt half as loving as she is.
*sigh*
I am sitting here, baby has fallen asleep and I have hunger pains.....
Ok, well that is my big update, I am going to get some breakfast and make my phone calls to my friends...toodle pip for now, more Poly news coming soon...
x


(((BIG HUGS))) Blaming Poly for a bad relationship is like blaming all men because one was a jerk. Glad you're not a man-hater! (I know a few). Love the wee one before she's grown. Then look for a job ... in Canada... Ontario is a good place you know... lol. Ok... USA is at least on the same continent! ;) Give the Auntie Hugs n Love. Luv from you know who! We will Skype again soon!
ReplyDeleteYou know my cousin said the same things about relationships and she also made sense regarding being treated with respect. It's nice to know I have some supportive family, everyone is a little confused by why I have been treated so dismissively I think but they are supportive of me regardless of their stance on the mono/poly divide.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words and hey you know I love Canada :-)
X
Hadn't checked in for a long time, as you have been pretty darn busy with mommydom and not posting much. Are you still in Florida? If you are, maybe we could meet up for coffee before you go so we can officially say we have met! :)
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I AM trying to post more now that the Babe is a bit more manageable ;) And yes, will be in Disneytown until the end of the month, it would be totally fab to meet in person. Hit me up via PM on polyliving and I will call you or something. x
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete