The problem with jet-lag travelling back east is...well it plays into my normal nocturnal habits, it's been two weeks, I should be on GMT by now but it is far too easy for me to stay awake.
Today has been one of those amazing super positive days today though, admittedly, it didn't seem to be that way starting out, I had my regular dental check up and told the dentist about some tooth pain fully expecting some fillings, some x-rays and a thorough check up later, my teeth are fine, the Dentist said I had good teeth. I am relieved.
So then I went to my local Vintage style clothes shop and had a lovely chat with some girls and found some more outfits I want to get once I can...*ahem* fit into them....baaah baby weight.... ;o))
So then we went shopping, I wanted some soup and I saw what looked like some lovely fresh bean soup, Mexican bean and chipotle it said, so I read the ingredients only to see first, black turtle beans, which I already had soaking at home, the other ingredients were sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes, stock and chillis.....all of which I bloomin well had at home, ok I may have not had a chipotle chilli but I had a scotch bonnet, I couldn't in all faith spend £2 on a pot at home when I had almost all the ingredients so..... I decided to make it at home!
I swear the older I get, the more I am like Nina Wadia's character from Goodness Gracious Me.
Yes Tescos...I can make your gourmet soups at home...for nothing! (except I brought some pinto beans because the Tescos soup had them.)
Then I went to the new library which is rather new age and cool, picked up some books for Legs and a nice historical biography for me. Sweet! I am going to bed to read it after I finish this incredibly tedious blog post about my day.
I heard some good news from Mr. P and the internet has been fired up today with Poly stuff, it has been great!!!
Wednesday, 13 November 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Isn't it great to discover that not only can you make it at home cheaper, but it tastes soooooo dang good! Kudos for going homestyle! :0)
ReplyDeleteOh yes and I have the leftovers for my lunch today....huzzah!!!!!! Life is good.
Delete