Sunday, 24 May 2015

Actor crushes, sex and the single woman

I have been dwelling in this weird single but interested (such a cute euphemism) time period for a few months now.  Yes, I still feel frumpy and less attractive, but I am back in that space of wanting to change it, rather than just exhausted and consumed by motherhood.  Needless to say, I love every moment of Mothering that little beast so....it is always worth it.

But this time I have been thinking of, not only my sexuality and sexual needs, but also my sexual attraction and what  attracts me to a person. The fluidity of sexuality is fascinating.  I already expressed a total lack of interest in any sort of emotional/romantic relationship with a woman, women are just.....too much work, foh realz!!!!! Buuuuuuuuuuuut I certainly know that there is NO WAY, I would ever turn down Brianne of Tarth...EVER.

She could have me any time, ain't too proud to beg either
Not too sure what it is either, I just have the biggest crush on her, I think the fact that she is 6'3" might have something to do with it. I am usually the tallest woman around and she is so butch and big.  Something about her...

Besides the lovely Brienne, who is, of course a fictional character, my inner sexual interests are now more focused upon the XY of our species. Again, I have no idea why because I have been routinely disappointed in those XY examples of the species SO much the last few years that maybe, I have just fallen into this weird crazed desperation to meet someone who has integrity, strength and sex appeal?  Maybe I am lucky for a Unicorn also? 

Anyhow, I constantly try to reject the romantic side of myself, which I feel is a betrayal to my sensibilities.  This stupid girlie need for that sort of forever love you only get in stories and incredibly old people who die within hours of each other.  I watch Outlander and my stupid inner b*tch says...." Where is MY Jamie"? As if any bloody woman ever gets a Jamie? He definitely IS a bloody Unicorn.  You'd be lucky to get Dougal and make no mistake, his sexual obsession and putting it around is far more realistic than any red haired bonnie laddie, who would take a beating for you!!  The men I have had in my life are more likely to hide behind me crying. 

Jamie, cute, but young!
You know, he is a pretty boy but, I like my men a wee bit older. 

That is better....









So, of course, being female and although I believe that female gaze IS a thing, you know we are not all about that like men (mostly) are.

Last night I had a conversation with an old friend who so put his stock in the female gaze that I just couldn't possibly be interested in what he was proposing, the conversation went from dull attempts at titillation to *squick* pretty quickly and I already told him previously that the visual was a bit off putting.  For example, Imagine your man telling you that  when you come home, he will be laying in the bed waiting for you wearing sexy lace knickers!  I mean, you KNOW he would find that sexy if you did it for him but.....doesn't he realise that this doesn't work on women?  How does a guy not understand this?

So, yeah, that was a bust.  But it did inspire me to dwell upon what attracts me, all the myriad things that makes me sexually excited and interested.  Deep voices, Dominance and confidence Maybe that is why I have a crush on Tom Hiddleston both as a blond


and

 brunette.

Like Brienne, I would never say no to this man ever!  EVER!!!!!  (though I suspect he bats for the other team tbh).

Funny thing about Henry the 5th (blond picture) I have had the Hallow Crown series for a while, I watched the first three plays like some sort of culture starved maniac.  Loved Richard 2 going crazy, enjoyed watching Prince Hal reject his mentor (Falstaff) with gusto...but for some reason, I wasn't able to bring myself to watch Hal, turn into Henry.  I kept putting it off, delaying the gratification of seeing TH as a King, rather than a Prince.  And do you know I still have yet to see it!

You see I know Henry the fifth as a play, I know what is coming and I know he will be as sexy as hell in it so, I have waited and waited and waited, for just the right time before I watch this man who I find so attractive for some reason which is even a mystery to me (Trust me, Brienne makes more sense)  act out this character that I find so attractive.  I guess I just want it to be perfect, like a date for my sad single person imagination.  (there's a thought, I might not enjoy it as much partnered....I best watch that bloody movie soon before I spoil it for myself!).  Maybe the only thing that would make me change my mind about triads is a Gwendolyn Christie and Tom Hiddleston sandwich!*joke* I still think triads suck!

I just wanted to edit in more celebrity crushes
like Andrew Eldrich circa 1986.



Dr. Wells (aka Eobard Thawne)













And Eddie Thawne



Yeah I have always said I don't really have a type but....that is not true because there is quite a lot these men have in common, even if I ignore the fact that two of them are, in fact, the same actor. 


No comments:

Post a Comment