Monday, 18 March 2019

Three people and a baby aka hide the bi's!!!!!!

Compare "Threesome"



"One big happy"


and possibly the most successful one Ryan Murphy's  "The New Normal"

They each involve three people having a baby, two of whom would be intimately involved and the other would be sexually incompatible with the couple by virtue of homo/heterosexuality.

The lack of success of these shows, especially at a time when LGBT diversity is doing very well in genres  think Ryan Murphy's other project besides 'TNN' such 'American Horror Story'   and 'Glee'.  Sitcom's such as 'Modern Family'  Dramadies like 'Orange is the New black'  and superhero shows such as 'Legends of Tomorrow' and 'Arrow', plus countless of procedurals that I don't watch but I hear about through the alternative grapevine,  I wonder whether there is simply no taste for shows with pregnancy but then again, how does one explain the popularity of 'Mom' (which started out with a teen pregnancy storyline and 'Jane the Virgin'  which also started out as a pregnancy storyline and both those shows are still on air?

So, it is not pregnancy itself and it could be the simple fact that these shows are not very funny and a case could definitely be made for 'One big happy'  which was painfully unfunny, but Threesome and The New Normal, actually had some funny beats to them and engaging, talented leads.

In the last time I looked at these shows, I was especially vexed at 'One Big Happy' for yet again (after the BBCs Threesome) as being Poly adverse, after all these years I am still unhappy with their lack of bisexual representation in these shows, especially threesome and one big happy with could have so easily integrated bisexuals into the dynamic.

SO imagine my joy when I realised that they were developing a Bi poly triadic relationship in the Mermaid show 'Siren'  I could catch the hints way before I read about their plan and I was on board, I liked the fact that Mermaid Ryn, had separate and intense, romantic moments with each member of the OC, thereby making their eventual union more authentic and natural, it didn't look like one member of the OC was dragging the other in, their relationship was built up in the way we always advise people to build up triads, it really was done so well.

Then they bloody well went and spoilt it with that male gaze, milk toast, heteronormative threesome sex scene.  How pathetic was that?   Do you mean there wasn't ONE feminist bisexual Poly woman who couldn't have advised about that sex scene and told them how problematic it was?  For realz??


No comments:

Post a Comment