Aaah the last few days of my Tour of Duty in the suburbs, it has been so quiet and yet, busy. I am looking forward to getting home though because let's face it, you don't sleep anywhere as well as you do in your own bed.
Yesterday it was G's birthday so I offered to cook and take advantage of BF's wonderful movie collection. I was not in the best of moods alas, but I tried to make it as jolly as possible for him whilst I served up my hot and spicy Chilli Non Carne. We did not watch movies though just one silly TV show after another (have any of you watched An Idiot Abroad? It is bloomin fantastic) until I fell asleep mid way through Spartacus: Gods of the Arena....ermmm, maybe not the most exciting birthday companion, but it had been a taxing day for me.
So, I went to bed and woke up much refreshed and decided to go for a lovely walk to the forest only to find out just before heading out that an old friend was also back home and nearby, so we met up for coffee instead. It was great catching up and D was one of my very first friends when I moved into the area as a 13 year old. I am SO glad he has moved back to London, it is like a growing sense of community in having so many people come back in my life.
I walked back to BFs house through this part of London carved out of an ancient forest, some of the shops and other businesses may have changed but the trees are still the same, being there is like a flash back to childhood. I passed a bush of beautiful purple flowers, covered with huge bees, I watched them imagining them going back to to a hive and creating honey. It was very positive imagery.
Today has been a great day.
Friday, 3 August 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment