Well, I did something I thought I would never do. I removed a lot of my past entries. Not because I am ashamed of my past, because I am not ashamed, embarrassed a bit maybe, but not ashamed.
I am removing them because unlike a real diary, this is public and one thing I have always been very consistent about is my unfailing discomfort in hearing about ex relationships, I have in the past resented how much power DMD had to make himself relevant in my present life by virtue of being the father of my eldest and using that to disastrous effect. I like to move on emotionally, I don't overshare (ever!) and let's be honest, a blog is the biggest overshare you can possibly have, the last thing I want is a new partner in the future dissecting my previous relationship, the highs and the lows and making it relevant again by bringing up feelings of jealousy, inadequacy or any well intentioned anger on my behalf. I don't need it, I don't want to "Share the pain" and I am not so weak that I would feel the need to bond over it with a new partner. Nope, I like a good clean slate.
I think on one of the Poly sites, there are a lot of Blog threads, people sharing their Poly journey with the likeminded. One woman said that she asked her partners never to read it so she would feel safe expressing herself. I respect that but I don't think I would feel comfortable saying 'Hey darling, yes everyone on the internet can read this, my thoughts and feelings, but...just not you'.
I was thinking hard about what to do, I contemplated closing the whole blog and opening a new one but at the end, I have had this name and blog for many years and am known as Natja all over the Poly online communities. I want to keep that identity and frankly, there is just too much good stuff to lose so...I spent a long time removing many posts, some of which might be unlocked at a later date once I have read through them.
I want to take this blog forward and use it for the new platforms and hopefully increase readership.
So new readers of the future, please excuse any dead links or gaps in the narrative. I will definitely be blogging more now that the past has been exorcised from it and we can all, happily look to the future!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment