I am therefore thrilled to see not just one, but two profile updates recently that were serious bug bears for me, just negative or daft things people put on their profiles that have bugged me forever....yay!!!!
I feel like all my
As for myself I am learning to emotionally lean on others more, this has been hard for me because I never liked sharing my feelings all that much, not to be a martyr to them, but I just don't like being vulnerable. However, finding myself pretty much alone for the first time in nearly 20 years has been very strange and I have realised that 'I' can't be strong all the time and it is ok to allow myself to be vulnerable around the people who care for me. This has been wonderful because I have had some support which has enabled me to be stronger, not feel weaker. I am so grateful for the people in my life who are there for me, some of whom don't even know me all that well but still extend the banner of support and friendship to me which has given me so much joy at this difficult time. I do feel like a really lucky woman, for all the difficulties I have had recently, it is true that you can recover and get back to a normal equilibrium, I was honestly afraid that might not be possible since my life had so drastically changed for the worse, but I was wrong.
Funny about that because I was watching QI the other day and the topic was 'Happiness' and one of the questions was about what makes people happy and they talked about lottery wins and so forth and they said, something like a lottery win is actually just a temporary happiness. Basically the upshot of it was that people have a level of internal happiness that they fall back into, so even if you have a hard time for a while or a mega great time like a lottery win, you will eventually only be as happy as you were before those things happened to you. It really is the proof that happiness comes from within, no one can make you a happy person, nor will you be able to change a miserable person into a happy one, that is just the way they are.
I like positivity, I like being happy and I love feeling like myself again.

No comments:
Post a Comment