Thursday, 29 August 2013

Weekend Review

Yes, I came back on Monday but it has taken me this long just to recover....argh...I am SO tired. Still.  Camping is, labour intensive, without doubt. Camping with a baby?  Just crank that up a few notches. Although saying that The Babe was SO good, she really was a dream and I have the best behaving baby I swear, the extra work just came from carrying her and the rushing around to make sure I completed all my tasks before she realised she couldn't see me and started getting upset. She hates losing sight of me bless her :o) Despite the heavens opening and the rains truly being epic on Saturday, she slept peacefully and was very warm every night. 

She also got LOADS of attention, I think she was the show Princess, everyone loved here, she had lots of cuddles from the women and many smiles and foot tickles from many of the fathers on site, some of whom missed their kids that weekend. 

As for whether I felt mumsy?  Well Yes, but perhaps I did not seem as mumsy to others as I felt. Someone who saw me last year said she thought I was more 'demure' this year because I had a baby. Truth be told I wasn't intentionally more demure, I was just unprepared this year so wore my own Gothic clothes, besides, nothing in the world will pop out my girls like that gold corset, it simply isn't physically possible (besides a different over bust, made to measure corset which I definitely do not have the money to have made) . What made me stand out was my face, specifically my Vampire teeth and eyes which were very striking.  I was told I was scary several times...all good. I had every intention of looking scary.

Then BSC (bat sh*t crazy) guy turns up and tries to chat me up...good grief, who on earth chats up a woman with a little baby?  I know, this nutter, who seriously doesn't seem to realise that we are so diametrically opposite it is untrue.  Case in point, he loves his meat and took great pride in telling me that he likes blue steak.....blissfully unaware he was talking to a vegetarian...never mind.  BSC guy walked me close to the camp site, saying that he wanted to buy me a drink on the morrow....*sigh* I had hoped he might just be a big drunk and I wouldn't see him again....

Ooooh no, he found me the next day, as I cradled the Babe in an air raid shelter.  He brought me a drink after all, a coffee, whilst we chatted a bit, where I found out that he was unemployed because of something 'in his mind' and he still lives with his girlfriend, oh and also if he farted in someone's face they wouldn't be standing.....class

Last I saw of him was in the beer tent on Sunday night, I introduced him to bff, She thought his mild obsession was hilarious.  I am glad I lost him the rest of the night though, I wouldn't like to hurt him, he was a bit cra-cra but harmless. 

As a mother of a young baby, my interest in romance or worst still NRE is nil, I have all the NRE I need with the babe, but BSC guy did make me wonder how I would approach the P word, if I did meet a non BSC person that I was interested in.  I figure I might just tell them very soon because it is so much a part of my thinking but...perhaps that is just the privilege of not being interested in anyone, it is easy to say if you don't give a toss isn't it?

I had a hard time  bff wise though, she spent a lot of time with new bf, whose obsessive and clingy behaviour was doing my head in, it culminated in him being borderline abusive on Saturday night, he is now firmly in my bad books and I don't really want to spend a great deal of time around him, though bff will always have, my loyalty and support, I just can't handle this guy. It was an unpleasant and unsettling aspect of the weekend and I really needed to talk about it in a safe environment with people I trust so glad to get home and release the stress of it and thankfully I had two sets of ears ready to listen and understood why I was upset, gosh it is such a relief to know I am not being unreasonable or are going mad. Hearing a man,  especially think he was unreasonable was a great relief for me because often times you fear that men will validate the bad behaviour of others, if they also share the same sort of values regarding women and their personal freedoms and sadly one person did cut me off entirely and told me to 'cut him some effin slack' before even hearing the story.  Great, that is very loyal isn't it?  Taking the side of a person you don't know and have never met and probably never will meet...against someone you have known intimately for a few years?  *sigh* it was a bit distressing.




No comments:

Post a Comment