Monday, 15 September 2014

Facebook *SMH*

*sigh*

You often think you have seen everything until you get on FB....oh boy.  So, guess what?  I am now, rather unexpectedly, an administrator on a Polygamy Dating group numbering some 3000+ people...gosh!

I had only suggested the poor man needed a moderator, but he made me an admin, therefore unleashing a monster who has committed herself to remove all the swingers and creepers the group had, which is no mean feat because he just let anyone in, despite it being called 'Polygamy Dating'.

So, I had to add tags, edit the group description, but up a new pinned post with guidelines and remove posts and people who were making the group just some nasty, sex addled, meat market that was such a turn off....I hate to imagine what Journalists would make of the group and Polygamy in general based on FB evidence.

What I have noticed that ignorant as I was when I entered this 'scene' I still had to do my research, I learnt that there was Polyamory, open marriages and Polygamy.  I had heard of compersion and jealousy issues, NRE. I read a blinkin book!!!!!  All of this before I got online and started searching for a place to call my online home.  During this search I found out about triads and Christian Polygamists, African Hebrew Isrealites and Mormon Polygamy.  So, I might not have known everything but....I knew a little before I got involved with anyone.  With FB however, it seems that the groups are being absolutely flooded (and I mean that literally, I have had something like 20 membership requests just today....I have never seen anything like it in my life!) with people who have zero...absolutely zero knowledge about Poly terminology.  A woman met up with a couple yesterday and now today she is backing off from one of the Poly groups to 'nurture this new relationship'  I said 'beware of NRE'  "What's NRE" she replied.

ARRRRGH!!!!!

I asked her how much she had read 'very little' was the reply.  So I had to post on thread a heap of Poly resources and I can only hope that she will read something and maybe keep things in check but....I know how hard that is once people get hit with the love crack.

What have I let myself in for?

No comments:

Post a Comment