Sunday, 29 March 2015
Who's The Biggest Mitch? What is a blinkin Mitch you mean?
Sue me, I love this stupid program, but what the tickety boo is a Mitch anyway?
I recall a person on The RHOA, calling another's husband a 'Bitch' and causing a terrible fuss. Really the African American community have cornered the market on using insults in a creative way....
Whatever, their seems to be a need outside of the traditional words to describe a variety of man who might not fit the usual definitions or the usual are too dry, too humourless or archaic.
I feel the need to define, for myself this new breed of man who has come up in the social media world recently, he has probably always been here, but social media just allows the real Mitchiness to shine out.....like how musicians coming alive on the stage or an Athlete on a field, a Mitch is a rather ordinary man until some idiot decides to give him access to the interweb and then the inner monster is released.
When NayNay called Peter a 'Bitch' in RHOA, she said it because she felt Peter was getting 'All up in women's business'.
Personally, I think she was wrong, just wrong in general, but definitely in that situation and in her definition, it is not a Bitch/Mitch thing to get involved in women's 'bidnez' it is reacting like a Teenage Mean Girl in your interactions with those who you come into conflict with.
Let me just let it all out here, I love men, I love strong, assertive, confident men, I don't like wussy, whiney man children who don't know how to care for themselves, much less anyone else. But I often see men, displaying ridiculous levels of girlie goading pissing contests on social media which they appear to mistake for masculinity. There is standing up for your principles and there is acting like a petulant baby who needs to have the last word for fear of not being the Queen Bee any more.
So it is not talking TO young women that makes a man a Mitch/bitch, it is talking LIKE a young woman (and in particular a vapid, egotistical, bag full of insecure adolescence) that makes a man a bitch...or mitch or whatever you want to call him. Revelling in whatever little victory he can get out of coming out on the top of flame wars he perpetuates and throwing shade to get attention.
It isn't masculine, it is actually very feminine behaviour and I am rather amused that it is often the types who buy into a very patriarchal world view who most often act this way, as if the way to command respect is by out Mean Girl -ing the females in the group. When leaders, good leaders, know when to shut up and stop talking, the Mitch thinks if he keeps talking, it makes him look more clever, but mostly we all get confused and wonder if he is getting hacked by an insulted teenage daughter or wife.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment