Her fever was 38.75 this morning, which is very high for her and she was complaining about a headache. She has fallen asleep again now and I am just sitting here looking at her, I have made my phone calls already, I daresay it isn't a great big problem, my daughter comes first, I would rather stay with her than work and so in regards to poly it is hard to give this a poly swing. I suppose a sick child, even rather mildly ill makes all the adults in the house coo and fuss a bit.
On the pragmatic side I suppose it is the many hands thing, right now I wouldn't mind having someone there to pop out to the chemists and get her some thing for her fever but she seems to be coping well anyway so it might not be necessary.
My daughter is very tall and strong and yet while she is sleeping she might as well be that tiny baby I held in my arms 12 years ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

She needs mum more than another mum right now .. stay with her and show her that love that only you will have for her.
ReplyDeleteI would mormally recomend a hot toddy .. malt whiskey works wonders you know. Whiskey = the water of life. However at 12 perhaps she's a little young. Mind you .. one for you later may go down well .. you do not want the fever after all (any excuse)
I'm sitting here at 6am having got up at 5.30 .. I start work at 7am this week and likely all summer so as to finish at 4pm .. finishing at that time seems so much better.
Hey,
ReplyDeleteHer fever dropped and then went back up, but she is awake and eating some fruit so I am happy-ish.
We have a pretty lethal (in the best possible way) whiskey based tincture that my friend makes for us. So I am all for the whiskey cure.
It is for colds and flu though so she doesn't need it now, I am going to distress you now and tell you that I don't have any pure whiskey in the house at the moment, I do have rum though!!!! *shock*
I'm sorry your daughter's ill. It's a nightmare! Glad to read that she's picked up a bit now.
ReplyDeleteBest Wishes
Deorccwen
Thank you she is ok, her temp went back up but she has been eating a bit (not as much as normal of course, but enough for me to be satisfied) and drinking so I think she will be ok.
ReplyDeleteShe has a very good immune system so she is probably fighting something off.
*swine flue yikes!!!!!*
;o))
I've been thinking of her (and you) all day... hope she's bright as the sun in the morning, but not nearly so hot...lol
ReplyDeleteHugs,
T
Thank you, that is a lovely thing to wake up to.
ReplyDeleteWell, she awoke at silly hour 4:30am, and I found her on the sofa watching a DVD, she says her head still hurts and although her temperature is going (36.88 now) down, it is still higher than mine, I am going to have to give her today off as well I think, I can't take the risk.
Comment thread re-posted as Blogger deleted ALL of my comments on everybody's blogs! *mutter, mutter*
ReplyDeleteJudith said...
I'm sorry your daughter's ill. It's a nightmare! Glad to read that she's picked up a bit now.
Best Wishes
Deorccwen
29 June 2009 05:55
Natja's Natterings said...
Thank you she is ok, her temp went back up but she has been eating a bit (not as much as normal of course, but enough for me to be satisfied) and drinking so I think she will be ok.
She has a very good immune system so she is probably fighting something off.
*swine flue yikes!!!!!*
;o))
29 June 2009 06:10
Anonymous said...
I've been thinking of her (and you) all day... hope she's bright as the sun in the morning, but not nearly so hot...lol
Hugs,
T
29 June 2009 18:35
Natja's Natterings said...
Thank you, that is a lovely thing to wake up to.
Well, she awoke at silly hour 4:30am, and I found her on the sofa watching a DVD, she says her head still hurts and although her temperature is going (36.88 now) down, it is still higher than mine, I am going to have to give her today off as well I think, I can't take the risk.
29 June 2009 22:05