Yes, I have seen it again, a person claiming another person was born poly, along with some arbitrary statistic probably picked out from the air about so many people who are born this way.
What a load of balls.
Not only was it entirely made up but from a genetic standpoint it is impossible to define poly! There are as many reasons for people living in polyamourous and polygamous families as there are poly people themselves. Poly gene indeed! You might as well try to find a gene for people who like to dye their hair or the gene for people who prefer high heels to flat ones.
How on earth can you try to find correlation between these types of people?
1) A person who defines his or herself as an ‘ethical non-monogamist’ aka ‘I have many boyfriends/girlfriends but I am upfront about it and they all know about each other’ aka Polyamory.
2) A bisexual who wants a committed relationship with their spouse but also wants to have a loving secondary relationship with a girl/boyfriend on the side aka polyamory
3) A man who believes that by marrying more than one woman he is doing Gods Will aka polygyny.
4) A woman who lives in an isolated area and marries two or three brothers to ensure that the family property all stays within the family and the birth rate is kept low because they have so few precious resources aka polyandry.
5) A person who truly desires a long term committed and sexual relationship with two or more than two people of the same gender aka polygamy
6) A person who desires a long term committed and sexual relationship with two or more people of different genders aka polyamory.
7) A person (usually female) who is in a sexual relationship with their spouse but wishes to have a long term loving non-sexual relationship with another person (usually female) whom she is willing to share her spouse with.
There is no correlation because their motivations are entirely different from one another.
Some of these people are sexually monogamous and some are sexually polygamous, some spend their lives having many continuous partners come and go and another person could spend their lives having had sex with only two or three people.
Take three women, one lives in a society where she is free to choose her lifestyle and her partner, she chooses to marry a man who is already married, she is straight so she only has sex with him for the rest of her life.
One also lives in a permissive society, she is bisexual and chooses to marry a couple and they have sex together, sometimes as a threesome, sometimes apart but never with other people for the rest of their lives.
The last one lives in a more restrictive community, she has few choices, she is married off at a young age to a man with many wives, she only has sex with him for the rest of her life, she likes her sisterwives and is very happy.
Which one has the ‘poly gene’?
Answer, none. There is no such bloomin thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe answer .. a train.
ReplyDeleteWhere does the train come in I here you ask .. well a station .. same station as you go to meet Poly and Gene.
Ok .. I guess I should admit to it .. Gas is Mervyn.
Gas
Hey,
ReplyDeleteErmmm, I already knew that Mervin, I just figured you wanted to remain anonymous on here. I only have two followers you see and I know that you are not Minty!! ;o))
xx
I kinda thought that may have been a give-a-way.
ReplyDeleteTwo followers huh .. that's two hundred percent more than mine.
Well I can solve that but you had better start posting!! ;o))
ReplyDeleteGulp ...
ReplyDeleteInteresting post. I really hate it when people try to claim that God made them poly or they had the gene as well.
ReplyDeleteYes, I read a blog the other day where a man insisted, very emphatically, that God was calling him to Polygamy and it was so unfair, that his wife was hindering his spiritual process by being against it.
ReplyDelete*sigh*