I am just back from my friends house and decided to forgo the lecture, I can't do it, I must accept my limits, I know that were I to lay down on that enticing sofa I will be asleep in a matter of minutes. The girl is tired also, it is a school night, going out again would be cruel.
So, I am about half way through all the emails, comment and posts I need to get through, I am sitting here looking a bit zombie-fied, so, if anyone receives a reply that seems to have something missing (namely, sense) I apologise beforehand.
So I had a great time at my friends house, her darling husband was still sleeping (he is on nights at the moment) and two of her girls were out, so we just had one of her girls and the baby, he is nine months and totally gorgeous, such a happy boy *sigh* I tried to leave with him but his mother caught me....doh! Must hide him better next time....
They are all for moving abroad, it is great to have friends so behind you. I have told her all about the Poly blog and SW, she thinks I am a bit crazy but I don't think that is anything new. A good friend knows you are a bit mad but doesn't judge you for it! ;o))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I wondered just what and who you have told about your intentions .. have you talked to your aunt or your mom for instance?
ReplyDeleteWe here chatted to two of my wives grown kids are holding back from telling one has he is just not that liberal minded. My family (brother and sisters) are all back in the UK beside you so I just have not had the time or the operchancity to tell them that.
Sounds like a nice time was had by all today .. what a shame your friend and her hubby could not adopt you .. but then that would make life far to easy for us all.
From your last blog I am looking at another few possable movie recomendations for you .. sit tight on that one.
Gas
Huzzah!!! Feeling better after a nice rest.....
ReplyDeleteI haven't talked to my family, my sister possibly knows but doesn't really care what I get up to. I might casually mention it to my family but then, until I actually get involved seriously with anyone there is not much point.
I am totally open with everyone else though, I don't really care too much about being judged (not that anyone has anyway) my friends are all pretty cool or they wouldn't be my friends, my work colleagues are completely petrified of me, which is useful, they won't say anything to me anyway! (I keep those boys in line) ;o))I guess you can say that I am pretty 'out' with regards to the type of person I am over here.
As for my best friend, I have no desire to be adopted by her, as I told Tam, two alpha females in one house equals trouble, any man would completely get consumed by that particular force of nature and the family would be out of balance. Her poor husband couldn't cope with that!
We are saving that particular joy for old age, I totally look forward to raising some hell with her in 40 years or so. Scary grannies running over hoodies (or the 2050 equivalent) with our grannie-mobiles....wow, it will be SO much fun!!!
I have told her before (I am sure she will eventually come on here and confirm herself) that she needs a wife though, her response to that was 'No, MINE!!!!!!' Hahahahaha, like I said, total Alpha female.
x
Do you think hoddies will still be the in thing in 40 years?
ReplyDeleteAlpha females together could fight like cat and dog so you just may be right.
Thos poor fella's at work .. I fear for their safty.
As for my family, I know one of my sisters would most likely back me after some heart to heart chat. My brother would not understand at all as he is married to the devil .. he does not comunicate to often anyway. My other two sisters .. well I guess we will have to wait and see when the time comes .. they most very likely will think I have joined some strange religous sect.
No it will be something else though won't it? The media always find a way to demonise the youth anyway.
ReplyDeleteOh my bf and I wouldn't fight, we don't fight at all, it would be more of a case that we are too alike and our personalities would jointly be pretty overbearing that it would not be a three together, it would be 2+1, that is what I mean about balance, instead of using loaded terms just as Alpha, if I said that she (and I) are A personality, her husband is a B personality, they actually need a C in the house, not another A or B, that would lead to someone feeling forgotten or conflict.
To have a harmonious home there needs to be a good blend of different personality types with their own particular strengths and weaknesses.
Going back to the movie we discussed yesterday, the Spanish couple were out of balance, they were too alike that is why they only worked when they had another personality type with them.
Awww! First time we run into a poly-minded person with loads of interests similar to ours (and even relatively close to home) and we're all moving away! You to the States and us to as far as you can get from London and still be in the UK! It would've been fun to meet up for a family picnic or similar (tho mind you, with our kids, we wouldn't have got much chance to chat - we'd've been too busy chasing them all over the park...) Ah well, hopefully we can stay in touch internetually.
ReplyDeleteBest Wishes
Deorccwen
Hello Judith (thank goodness I now know your name, I was at a total loss how to pronounce your handle!! ;o))
ReplyDeleteI know only one other couple in London, we are hoping to get together for a chat one day as well, we few have to stick together you know :o))
I think you lot will be leaving before I do, I still have another five years!!!!
I can't believe you are moving to Shetland that is so wild, have you been watching that programme about Islands around Britain recently? It certainly opened my eyes to the little Islands. Still before you lot go off to the far side of beyond I hope we will get to chat in person, it would be nice if all the UK based people could meet up really, a lovely picnic would be just the thing!
I suppose it is a bit confusing! K and I did Dark Age re-enactment for several years (which is how we met), and that was my "on the field" name (can't have people shouting out things like "Adrian! Behind you!" when you're supposed to be 9th century saxons and vikings!). Actually Judith is a perfectly good Saxon name, but I've never liked it, so grabbed the opportunity to change it part-time. "Deorccwen" is a combination of 2 Old Norse words: Deorc = Dark; Cwen = Woman. So, Dark Woman!
ReplyDelete5 years, wow! I thought your move was imminent! We should be moving late July/early August this year, barring problems, so it feels like any minute now, and the packing not even half done. :0(
We did see one of the Islands programmes (the Martin Clunes one) but way after we'd decided to move there anyway. We're actually moving to Unst, which is where most of the Clunes programme on Shetland was filmed. Thousands of puffins, lots of seals, otters etc. and just 500 people on the whole island! :0)
Re meeting up with all UK poly people, I think there is an annual poly conference (not so sure as I've been in "mummy-mode" for the last few years). It would be nice to chat sometime, though I'm not very good at talking to people at first (I'm much better in a group where I can sit quietly in the background for the first couple of hours) and this is the first time I've met anyone over the internet - ever! (I'm so backward!).
Best Wishes
Judith
Oh wow, we might have even passed each other on a field once or twice, though I tend to do older time periods. Do you still reenact or taking a sabbatical due to the move. Do you have links with the Islands? Sorry I am all questions, questions, I don't know anyone who has decided to move to somewhere so isolated.
ReplyDeleteDoes it really look like I am moving soon? Oh dear, I really am not a good writer, I tend to write what is in my brain, rather than what would make sense to people who don't know me.
Right, I am applying for a Green Card which can take on average 5 years, this is how long it has taken my sister, however, that is going on the assumption that my life will not change between now and that time (which, to be honest I hope there is some change happening or else I just am not doing anything right). So I might not go at all or I might go beforehand or I might go somewhere else entirely, who knows what the future holds, I am excited about all the possibilities!
And don't worry about being quiet, I can chat for England (it is true,ask anyone!!) :o))
toodle pip, I am going to make something for my girl to eat now, she is on Hairspray now....I think she will get through all her favourite films before the day is out.
N
x
Comment thread re-posted as Blogger deleted ALL of my comments on everybody's blogs! *mutter, mutter*
ReplyDeleteJudith said...
Awww! First time we run into a poly-minded person with loads of interests similar to ours (and even relatively close to home) and we're all moving away! You to the States and us to as far as you can get from London and still be in the UK! It would've been fun to meet up for a family picnic or similar (tho mind you, with our kids, we wouldn't have got much chance to chat - we'd've been too busy chasing them all over the park...) Ah well, hopefully we can stay in touch internetually.
Best Wishes
Deorccwen
29 June 2009 05:53
Natja's Natterings said...
Hello Judith (thank goodness I now know your name, I was at a total loss how to pronounce your handle!! ;o))
I know only one other couple in London, we are hoping to get together for a chat one day as well, we few have to stick together you know :o))
I think you lot will be leaving before I do, I still have another five years!!!!
I can't believe you are moving to Shetland that is so wild, have you been watching that programme about Islands around Britain recently? It certainly opened my eyes to the little Islands. Still before you lot go off to the far side of beyond I hope we will get to chat in person, it would be nice if all the UK based people could meet up really, a lovely picnic would be just the thing!
29 June 2009 06:05
And again, as it couldn't accept the whole thread:
ReplyDeleteJudith said...
I suppose it is a bit confusing! K and I did Dark Age re-enactment for several years (which is how we met), and that was my "on the field" name (can't have people shouting out things like "Adrian! Behind you!" when you're supposed to be 9th century saxons and vikings!). Actually Judith is a perfectly good Saxon name, but I've never liked it, so grabbed the opportunity to change it part-time. "Deorccwen" is a combination of 2 Old Norse words: Deorc = Dark; Cwen = Woman. So, Dark Woman!
5 years, wow! I thought your move was imminent! We should be moving late July/early August this year, barring problems, so it feels like any minute now, and the packing not even half done. :0(
We did see one of the Islands programmes (the Martin Clunes one) but way after we'd decided to move there anyway. We're actually moving to Unst, which is where most of the Clunes programme on Shetland was filmed. Thousands of puffins, lots of seals, otters etc. and just 500 people on the whole island! :0)
Re meeting up with all UK poly people, I think there is an annual poly conference (not so sure as I've been in "mummy-mode" for the last few years). It would be nice to chat sometime, though I'm not very good at talking to people at first (I'm much better in a group where I can sit quietly in the background for the first couple of hours) and this is the first time I've met anyone over the internet - ever! (I'm so backward!).
Best Wishes
Judith
29 June 2009 07:12
Natja's Natterings said...
Oh wow, we might have even passed each other on a field once or twice, though I tend to do older time periods. Do you still reenact or taking a sabbatical due to the move. Do you have links with the Islands? Sorry I am all questions, questions, I don't know anyone who has decided to move to somewhere so isolated.
Does it really look like I am moving soon? Oh dear, I really am not a good writer, I tend to write what is in my brain, rather than what would make sense to people who don't know me.
Right, I am applying for a Green Card which can take on average 5 years, this is how long it has taken my sister, however, that is going on the assumption that my life will not change between now and that time (which, to be honest I hope there is some change happening or else I just am not doing anything right). So I might not go at all or I might go beforehand or I might go somewhere else entirely, who knows what the future holds, I am excited about all the possibilities!
And don't worry about being quiet, I can chat for England (it is true,ask anyone!!) :o))
toodle pip, I am going to make something for my girl to eat now, she is on Hairspray now....I think she will get through all her favourite films before the day is out.
N
x
29 June 2009 08:33