After having had a link passed onto me by the mythical secret poly feminist mafia, I have had the misfortune of interacting with a couple of anti poly folks. Well anti polygamy to be precise and though I don't identify as Polygamous (for myriad reasons posted elsewhere on this blog). I support all ethical non monogamous configurations and so, I stuck my oar in for the team and................oh wow, isn't heteronormative, dyadic privilege blinding ? It is almost as if they feel so free to be as disrespectful and rude and are then rather shocked when you are rude back, almost as if they expect us to kowtow and patiently let them deride us until they are ready to accept us, it is almost that they don't think that anyone else is a real person. They, the people who are 'normal' are real people, those of us who are alternative to the norms are just symbols, characters who deserve collective mocking because they are stupid enough to live contrary to 'normal' society.
How I pity them in their narrow mindedness. Their stubborn desire to stay ignorant and intolerant.
And the only thing I am intolerant of is intolerance.
Wednesday, 5 January 2011
The Brick wall of ignorance....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Amen. Thanks for standing up for the collective us and thanks for taking on the raging twat waffles of ignorance and intolerance. Kudos.
ReplyDelete*muwah*
Raging twat waffles???
ReplyDeleteBrilliant!!!!!!
hahaha
I get the occasional hate mail from the raging twat waffles, too. Don't let them get you down, sister! (:
ReplyDeleteOooo...and twat waffle spreads like wildfire. YAY!
ReplyDelete