But where did you go? You may well ask....Well I did not disappear physically, no, I mean it is myself who has returned, the person I was deep down, who I lost some sense of these last few years.
Once upon a time I was a happy, bright positive woman, the only thing was I had a really useless dull job and a rather useless love life. I did not appreciate how much of my happiness was down to what I already had and to lose that, even if gaining what I felt I did not have, would result in a fundamental loss of self.
I have learnt so very much these last few years, I have learnt that some sacrifices are not worth making. I have learnt that to start from a bad place, ends in a bad place and that all steps must be joyous ones to produce joy. One must feel they are always ascending and not descending, whether that is mentally, emotionally or physically. I learnt that there is no greater delusion than self delusion.
I learnt that you can't always trust all advice and you must listen to your heart. That some will put their own interests above your own. I learnt that practical experience beats book learnin' hands down! ;o))
I learnt that just because you want something, doesn't mean you should get it.
I may never regain all that I lost these last few years, there will always be massive regrets but I know how easy it is to make mistakes and I have certainly learnt from them. I will keep on using this knowledge to help others and I will strive to build upon my life, how it is now so that it is enriched by my knowledge and experience and I will never, ever, take my boring old 'useless' dull life for granted ever again!!!!
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

LOL I can feel your energy, and it is great to see you this excited again. YAY! It seems you have turned the corner with the winter solstice.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back to YOU!
~D
Definitely D, it feels like it is spreading out from me...for example, out of the blue my girl called me today and wanted to talk!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it, I couldn't possibly imagine a better present.
:o))