Hey everyone!!! Well I am sorry I have been neglecting the blog so much, I don't really have a great deal to say to be honest, I have been spending quite a lot of time living quietly. Spending some time with my sister and niece I try and see BFF when I can, last week we went and had lunch at IKEA (don't ask) and caught up. Things are a bit stressful for her with the separation. I find it a bit annoying talking too much about it though, especially to my family who have little sympathy.in that they feel that there is very little excuse not to work so they can't really get their heads around BFF's dilemma..
I find this attitude a lot more frustrating now, than I did when my daughter was young, I brought into the work i.e. must make money, ethic. And I can't honestly say that my life has been more rewarding or more useful than BFFs has been?
What I have learnt in this time of working (admittedly, sometimes very lightly) from home is that I don't miss full time out of the home work, I do miss being around people every day, I miss feeling financially secure, but the work itself? I don't miss it, because it was not fulfilling work and I wonder why all of us, especially those of us with young children, feel compelled to keep working and why are disparaged if we decide working is not for us, but we would rather stay with our kids?
It is quite upsetting to think how limited our options are as single parents really, work, sometimes in unfulfilling jobs, being knackered and quite sad that we miss so much of our children's lives, We can stay on benefits until our children are grown and be considered some sort of social leech or we could marry just for money and security. None of these options fill me with hope, I took the former before, not certain if that is how I want to play out my life though.
This has come to a head a bit because I don't know how sustainable my current situation is, I don't want to end up in some awful job though, just working and not being happy nor able to find my way towards a career I actually want.
Is taking my time to find my path a luxury I cannot afford?
We know how some forms of Poly can save women from having to make this stark choice, but what if those forms are cut of from you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment