I blame my sister, she posted an Huffington post article so, after reading that (it was sad, but not relevant to what I have since been reading) I saw a link t) to an article on Bethany Frankel's split (I am a RH-NY fan, sue me, I like some trash telly).I am not exactly being too mean spirited I hope when I say I could see that coming. But only because I have done the same thing, except I was 22 and not 40 and so, well NRE and pregnancy hormones make you take stupid chances so I totally understand. But then....horror of horrors, I got caught in a whirlwind of something called 'Huffington Post Divorce' What the heck? Divorce has its own section? Why yes it does Madam, and it's addictive!!!!
So as I browse through many pictures of now divorced women who I had seen only recently with (seemingly) happy relationships I despair over the the futility and finality of the serial monogamous system.
I really do feel that the system is broken and needs fixing but like so many things in world culture, people will continue to do the same old same old, down to wilful idealism, tradition, religious norms and woo-woo romance. *sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment