Once upon a time there was a fairly average couple, young and as yet childless professionals, who had a happy geeky hobby they both shared. One weekend, they met a man in the hobby, he introduced them to another world and soon they formed a very happy Polyamorous vee. She was blissfully happy, her husband considered his metamore a really good friend and they even came out to his parents.
Eventually, hobby man met someone else, he broke up with his partner and told her to keep away from him.
She was devastated.
That was quite a few years ago. Today I checked her out to see how she was doing and she seemed angry, embittered and (obviously) very monogamous. I am not so much bothered by her rejecting Polyamory, after all, it left her with nothing more than a broken heart. But carrying that anger after all these years. I am sad of it.
Funny but I am countering it against another Poly story I heard today, this one MFF, a couple seeking finding and losing a single female after a year of.....what? It is not described whether it was marriage of what. I am assuming they considered it a marital relationship, anyway, they are back seeking, because 'he wants to fill the missing hole in his heart'.
His second wife is pregnant with his child.
I cannot speak for what is in someone's heart but....is it me or does it seem like one person fell in love with a person and another with a role? An object......a status?
Tuesday, 6 March 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment