I am suffering from a terrible case of 'cantbearsedism' again after a very vibrant and long night at a Chap event last night, it was great fun. The evening look set to be disastrous and I found the dress I planned to wear looked terrible, it's shape was too short waisted, reminding me of those ridiculous court dressed in the early Regency when hoops were still mandatory but women were insisting on still wearing an empire style bodice.....the effect, needless to say is dreadful......and feeling premenstrual, bloated with an ugly dress on, I was having a crisis of confidence, a video chat with Sir and a quick change into a better outfit had me smiling again and I went to the event happily. It was chock full of all sorts of lovely people, the 1930s ballroom was beautiful, there were some wonderful acts (loved the Chap rapper) and met up with some old friends many of whom I had not seen in a while, who were good enough to let me sit at the table with them to spare my feet some. Oh the music was great and although I am no dancer, I did enjoy swaying (and when sitting) bum wiggling, to the music. I started to get ready 15 minutes before closing to beat the cloakroom rush but then ended up with a 40 minute wait for a bus and a 40 minute journey home, so got in and had to remove; fangs, contacts, corset, bra, stockings and shoes, all of which were pinching, biting, rubbing or irritating the hell out of me. As you can imagine, I was in no fit state to want to be travelling to across London to do this other event, I just stayed home and rested instead. My feet are still sore......
;o))
Sunday, 4 December 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment