I have been posting a bit more about Poly recently, spending some time with seekers has reminded me that all the time I have spent recently moping about my daughter, crazing about paint colours and upholstery fabrics or navigating that very rare thing: a maturing post NRE Poly relationship, the Poly -fi scene is still in one unHoly mess. The lack of support systems, social stigma or even good instructional books mean that people are making it up as they go along, borrowing phrases from Mormon Polygyny but without the moral structure.
The problem I find that by the time people sign onto the message board they are often so invested in their idea of Poly-fi, they very rarely wish any deviation from the ideal and so there is no telling them to be open minded...perish the thought! It is very depressing since you know, no one looks for their first partner that way, but the additional partner has to be a convenience to them.
So far I have seen more unicorn hunters, people saying they are looking for women who work, women who will stay at home, women who want lots of babies, women who want to live under the same roof, women who will move in with them, no sense, no sense at all that these women should even entertain other ideas, you know, acceptance of Polygamy may make things easier for us, but the seeking scene just puts the cause back a million years, as long as people are going out there to fulfil a fantasy instead of seriously examining the issues, the more our relationship choice will be marginalised.
And what's is it with the ridiculous couple profiles that are from straight couples looking for another straight woman and yet.....all the stats are the women? If I am going to date you, why the heck do I need to know your wife's age, height or hair colour!!!! What are you trying to hide? I mean, really!!! It is especially noticeable when the husband looks at least 60, come on man, fess up, you are not fooling anyone and it just looks worse because I know you are not 39!
And please stop with the mirror/cleavage or wedding pics for pity's sense!!!!
Monday, 10 October 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment